Friday, July 11, 2014

Just Us Girls #249 - Trend Week

JUGS 249 photo JUGS249pic.jpg

We are moving into our new format so this week's trend challenge is wood grain.  You can use wood grain paper, a wood grain embossing folder or a stencil, whatever your heart desires.

I always enjoy working with wood grain.  This time round, I opted for some paper from MME's Gnome Sweet Gnome paper pad as it had a fabulous wood grain pattern.

Of course, where there is wood grain there are often leaves wink, wink, so I jumped at the chance to use my PTI leaf dies again.   I stamped them in three different colours after die cutting them out and  formed a leaf cluster.  The sentiment is a stamp I picked up from the Michael's $1 stamp bin a few years back.

The rest of the  JUGS team along with our new, July Guest Designer, Rebekka Reed, have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog and check out what they've created.  Simply create a card using the sketch and link it up to the JUGS blog for a chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.  Remember, if you are chosen as Chic of the Week, you could be invited to be a Guest Designer.

We are all totally exhausted after a week of VBS at our church -- 410 kids can do that to you LOL!  However, our hearts are full and it was an amazing week with many wonderful memories.  So fun to serve with my kids :)  Going to be a very low key, quiet weekend I think! 


 

What's In It?
Stamps:  Leaf Prints (PTI), Michael's Dollar Stamp   
Paper:   Gnome Sweet Gnome (My Mind's Eye), Kraft, Cream

Ink:  Black, Real Red, Only Orange, Old Olive (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Leaf Print Dies (PTI), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Lynn said...

I hope you are able to rest up this week. I love the beautiful fall colors against the woodgrain. Gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card, Marisa! I love those PTI leaves too! Your brightly colored leaves are great with the woodgrain paper you chose!

Lee-Anne said...

I'm a sucker for leaves and these are gorgeous, Marisa! The woodgrain is the perfect backdrop for these colorful beauties!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful wood grain paper and I love those fabulous leaves!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your maple leaves [so you!] look awesome against that gorgeous wood grain!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card and love those leaves!!! You deserve a quiet weekend you've been one busy lady ... That's a lot of kids at a VBS!

Maureen said...

love the bold woodgrain background...I'm not ready for fall!

Betty Wright said...

I just live these layered leaves and colors. The wood grain background really makes the colors pop! You do deserve a break that is a lot of kids!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!! :)

Becky said...

What a lovely card Marisa.

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful use of the woodgrain! Those leaves are beautiful too, although I don't want to see them that color for a bit yet! Lol!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh happy sigh--these leaves are as gorgeous as ever! Love the bright colors against the beautiful woodgrain. Everything about this makes my sigh with happiness! Hope you are enjoying your summer, Marisa! ((hugs))

nwilliams6 said...

Some totally fabulous colors and I so ready for the leaves to change - I am dreaming of Fall already! At least a few days of cooler weather would be great. Love your card! Hugz!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love those beautiful leaves against that woodgrain background! The colors are so rich and bold, gorgeous!

Kim S said...

I am so ready for leaves in fall colors! They are so pretty on top of the rich wood patterned paper.

cm said...

Marisa - my apologies for falling behind in commenting! Hectic-ness has infiltrated my days! Your card here: gorgeous! The colourful leaves against the woodgrain: pretty perfection! Love this!
~c