Monday, August 4, 2014

Mojo Monday #357

Mojo 357 photo Mojo357pic.jpg

It's the first Monday of the month which means it is contest week over on the Mojo Monday blog, and Julee has this great sketch for us to work with.

The sketch made me smile because a few short years ago, skewed panels on sketches sent me into a tail spin LOL.  Practice makes perfect, and now they are a welcome addition to any sketch.  Love how you can continually grow and evolve in this wonderful hobby (aka: addiction)!

I just "had" to use this wonderful flower image from Happy Place again - sorry!  Just can't help myself!  The sentiment is from the same set and the fabulous monarch butterfly is from Each Day.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.  


I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact we are now in August and my son just turned fourteen!  I was seven months pregnant with him when we moved into our home and it feels like yesterday when I gave birth to him - well, not exactly yesterday, but you know what I mean LOL! Mom is home from hospital now, but struggling a bit so we are monitoring her closely.  Hoping it is temporary and she just needs time to heal, otherwise, we may have to make some hard decisions regarding her need for assisted living....been quite a month! 
 



What's In It?
Stamps: Happy Place and Each Day (Verve Stamps) 

Paper:   The Sweetest Thing (My Mind's Eye), Kraft, Real Red, So Saffron (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:  Black 
Accessories:  Happy Doodles Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Chicken Wire Embossing Folder (Provo Craft), Crimper (Fiskars), Corner Rounder, Twine, Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Our parents getting older is definitely not easy. Sending prayers to your family Marisa. Time does fly too..Can't believe Ryan only has two more years at home. Love your gorgeous card too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Marisa! your take on the sketch, is as always first class!xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun creation with the sketch!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the pretty butterfly.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous ! I have the stampset with the same sentence from SU - it is one of my favorites ... Anita

Darnell said...

The earth was doubly laughing with this gorgeous bloom and that butterfly, Marissa! Sensational! I hope your mom continues to improve so you can put off those hard decisions a bit longer. Enjoy those moments. I turned around one day and had almost ten yo GRANDchildren, lol! Hugs, Darnell

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this, Marisa!!! Such a great combo of elements and texture!

Silke Ledlow said...

You rocked the Sketch Marisa! Beautiful card!

I hear you...I can't believe my first baby is *16* now and driving...help! I know it's tough, but I'm also looking forward to new chapters in her life, but the sad part is that I realized how old I'm getting...LOL!!! Hang in there...and I hope your mom will recover quickly! BIG HUGS, ~S~

Benzi said...

I love those flowers, Marisa. And, I do remember when you did not like those skewed panels. Seems funny now, doesn't it? :-)

nwilliams6 said...

Some lovely soft colors in your 'fly and papers. I remember all the fun comments you made about skewed panels as well - but they always looked fabulous. Love your card Marisa. Hugz!

Maureen said...

love the note paper under the sentiment...I have a thing for anything "office supply!"

Tracey McNeely said...

Of my this is beautiful, I love those flowers and the colours you used!

cm said...

I've fallen so far behind in commenting, so time to catch up before heading to my 'craft counter'! Gorgeous card - and you need never apologize for repeated uses of stamps. My butterfly addiction stands as evidence! Your angled panels are eye-catching; a sketch feature that I still find daunting, but not as much as bows/ribbons/twine. I see those on a sketch and run away fast! Sending prayers that your mom recovers so decisions about moving her don't need to be made! You have plenty on your plate, my friend, but I know you'll weather it all! Hope you're loving your new job!
~c

Carol Hurlock said...

Just beautiful! Your little twine bow is just darling.
Bear Hugs,
Carol