Monday, August 11, 2014

Mojo Monday #358

Mojo 358 photo Mojo358pic.jpg

Had a desire to make a baby card when I tripped across this fun paper I found at one of my local dollar stores.  Unfortunately, it is pretty well covered up, which is a shame as it has the cutest zebras and butterflies with glitter on them.  

To the Moon is my go to baby set, as it has so many wonderful images and sentiments.  Decided on the cute bear image was a good mix with the zebras and butterflies, so I stamped the image and then fussy cut it out.  Punched a trio of hearts to pull in some of the colours in the background paper and added a button for balance.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.  


Got some fabulous, organic blueberries this weekend and it took two days to freeze them all on cookies sheets and then bag them because I got 50 pounds - my standard quota each year.  Our small freezer is now full and it is like playing Tetras if you need to get anything in or out of it LOL!  

Another hot, humid day expected today - ugh!  At least we had a week's reprieve before the humidex hit us again.  Let the frizzy hair begin LOL!  Have a fabulous day :) 



What's In It?
Stamps: To The Moon (Verve Stamps) 

Paper:   Small Dots (Making Memories), So Saffron, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, More Mustard (Stampin' Up), Dollar Store Paper
Ink:  Black 
Accessories:  Heart Quartet Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Heart Punch (Marvy), Crimper (Fiskars), Martha Stewart Punch, Bling, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a sweet baby card Marisa!

JoAnn said...

This is adorable. Great baby card.

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!

Lisa Kind said...

So adorable! Great colors too! I just saw this stamp set in my drawer yesterday! Gotta use it!

Benzi said...

Cute bear and super paper. I love the hearts at the bottom. Your card is full of sweetness. Hope you enjoy all those blueberries.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Sweet baby card. I love the pinks and yellows together. It's always sad to cover up pretty DP isn't it?
Enjoy your blueberries;)

Ginger said...

First of all, you must love blueberries! 50 pounds, WOW! I love your card. It is so cute. Always great to have a baby card on hand.

Maureen said...

I always love bright colours for a baby card. This is so sweet :)

Donna Oates said...

Huge fan of your work. Going to have to get this set. Our first grandchild is on it's way at last!

Lee-Anne said...

This card just makes me smile...such a sweet baby card! Mmmm blueberries, that's a lot of work but worth it...the cookie sheets sure make it easy don't they?

nwilliams6 said...

What a darling card! Love that fun image - just makes me smile. Your description of your blueberry filled freezer is fun too - 50 lbs is a lot. You should be having some wonderful muffins, pancakes and other yummy stuff now. Hugz!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is darling!!! What a sweet card.
We freeze blueberries too, but not that many. :-)

Kim S said...

I'm catching up on your blog in reverse - this card is as bold, bright and fun as the next card is soft and lovely - and both are just perfect. That little guy looking out from his window atop that bright and cheerful paper is the perfect baby card.

cm said...

Your inspiration drawn from the paper find at your local dollar store (oh, how I wish someone carried craft supplies here) has resulted in baby card of ultimate delight! The bear, the papers, the hearts: perfection! Parents of a newborn will adore this, as do I!
~c

cm said...

Me again...50 lbs of blueberries? YUMMM!! Should you be making blueberry-oatmeal muffins, please do send some my way *grin*!
~c

Carol Hurlock said...

What a super cute bear card. I love the heart treatment on this one!
Bear Hugs,
Carol