Monday, January 26, 2015

Mojo Monday #382

Mojo 382 photo Mojo382pic.jpg

It's tall and skinny week over on the Mojo Monday blog and I actually remembered to cut my paper the right size this week - yeah!

Pulled out some fabulous MME papers and went to work - a bit too much perhaps as I hardly have any white space on my card which is not my norm.  Heck, I even covered up half the circle LOL!  No overly fond of it as I find it too busy, but time was short so you get to see my faux pas wink, wink.       

The sentiment is from Verve's Love Notes set and I highlighted it by using brown half pearls on the horizontal banner.  Found this fabulous heart button in my stash and decided to add along with a strip of red for some visual interest on the bottom section of the card as I felt the sentiment was getting lost amid all the paper patterns.  

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


Started teaching my daughter how to drive this weekend and boy was it strange seeing her in the driver's seat!!  She did very well for her first time, and the gated complex my mom lives in is the perfect place to practice as there is a nice big loop and very little traffic.  Once she is comfortable there, we will venture out onto the quiet streets in our neighbourhood.

Challenges:  The Pink Elephant 
                     Simon Says

 




What's In It?
Stamps:   Love Notes (Verve Stamps)  
Paper:  Lost and Found Heirloom (My Mind's Eye), Blush Blossom, Real Red (Stampin' Up)   
Ink:   Black  
Accessories: 
  Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Crimper (Fiskars), Brown Half Pearls, Heart Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Good luck with the driving. I'm sure she'll do great! Love your card especially that sweet little button heart!

JoAnn said...

I think your card is very pretty. I love those MME papers.
Have a great week.

Karen Day said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the little button :o)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a pretty card Marisa. A wonderful mix of pretty papers here. I love the row of pearls and the heart button.
Have fun with the driving lessons - another step towards growing up and more independence:)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so darling, Marisa! Love the bit of twine over the heart.

nwilliams6 said...

Great sketch! Your interpretation is fab as usual. Love your extra details, gorgeous papers, and super positive and sweet sentiment. Wonderful card Marisa. Hugz

Patti said...

My goodness Marisa this is such a cheerful card - I love it!!

samanthadesigns said...

I love the way you interpreted the sketch. Great job!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your skinny Valentine! Don't envy you with starting driving practice! Recall it being rather nervewracking but I lived through 3 kids driving so that's encouraging - lol!

Tracey McNeely said...

Tall skinny and fantastic Marisa!

Betty Wright said...

Yes....teaching the teenagers to drive is a right of passage for the PARENTS! It is freaky! Your card is fun! Love the patterns and details!

Jo Nevill said...

Love your very pretty card

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Carol Hurlock said...

Tall and skinny-just like I imagine myself....lol This is darling. I love the sweet little heart button.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Sharon Wheet said...

Marisa, what a wonderfully clever mix of papers! I love it! thank you for sharing your wonderfully beautiful card! and thank you for the inspiration!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Just beautiful! I love the doily paper. :)

Yes, it's weird seeing our kids drive, isn't it? Good luck to J!

Benzi said...

It's been a while since I've visited...good to be back. I love your card and all the wonderful papers. Your heart button is very sweet. Great card!!!
Oh no, I can't believe your daughter is at this point in her life. How time flies! Just wait until she leaves home alone for the first time. I sure remember that with my boys. Yikes!

cm said...

Marisa, your gorgeous card makes *me* smile...all over my face, as Anita would say! Again, pretty papers and layers, all designed to let that fabulous sentiment shine! Perfect! Your daughter driving...oh my! They grow up far too fast! My Ms T will be five in just over a month. FIVE! Enjoy the bonding opportunities the lessons bring!
Hugs~c

Nance said...

Fabulous Valentine! Beautiful layers. Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge Anything Goes!