Monday, May 11, 2015

Mojo Monday #397

Mojo 397 photo Mojo397pic.jpg

I love Monday's as it is a opportunity to work with another wonderful sketch by Julee :)

Today's card uses some Fine and Dandy Echo Park papers I found at my LSS.  The red and white checkered pattern gave me a picnic feel so I added a yellow doily to fancy up my picnic {grin} and added pops of turquoise for colour.  The sentiment is from Verve's Let It Be  which is one of my favorites as there are so many amazing sentiments in this set!

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.  



With hubby out of town and spending Mother's Day with his mom, I spent Mother's Day weekend playing chauffeur to my son for his reffing gigs.   Was great to see him in action on the field - proud mama moment :)   Thankfully, he got me a latte as a thank you for my driving him.  Sushi dinner as a family once hubby got home and today, I finally get to relax and enjoy some crafting time!

Wishing you a fabulous week, and hope you can find time to play along with this week's sketch.



What's In It?
Stamps:   Let It Be (Verve Stamps)
Paper:   Fine and Dandy (Echo Park), Kraft, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:  Black    
Accessories:  Doily Die (Top Dog Dies), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 5/8" Turquoise Satin Ribbon (Michael's), Signature Sequin Mix (Verve Stamps), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

So fresh and pretty! Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card Marisa! Love the colours and the doilies :-)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card, Marisa! I had the perfect Mother's Day... Mark got the kiddos up, dressed them, fed them and I got to drink my coffee while it was hot (with no aid from the microwave!). In the afternoon, we went for a bike ride in the sunshine, then frozen yogurt where the boys FINALLY actually ate some yogurt and liked it. Have been waiting to have buddies to go froyo-ing with me for a while!

Wanda Cullen said...

Even before I read your comments, I was thinking of a summer picnic when I saw these fab papers! Beautiful card! Happy belated mother's day!

Deepti said...

Such a pretty card! Love your choice of colors and patterns

Lesley said...

Gorgeous papers! Lovely card!

nwilliams6 said...

What a fab card Marisa. Love the mix of colors and patterns BUT that sentiment steals the show of course. Sounds like you have been having fun. I love Sushi but can never talk Hubby into it. Hugz!

Lee-Anne said...

Love the bright an happy colors, Marisa! Beautifully designed!