Monday, June 15, 2015

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Flip Flops

** Second post of the day so scroll down for my Mojo Monday card ** 


This week the Crew over at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge is diving into summer with our Flip Flop challenge.  The LEAD for this challenge will be invited to be a guest designer in a future challenge.

CC June 2015 photo CCJune15pic.jpg

This photo screams tropical beach and oh how I would love to be in that beautiful, warm, turquoise blue, water...sigh...  Definitely took me back to our time in Hawaii last year and I can almost feel the sand between my toes, warm ocean breeze and sun on my face.  Soooo want to go back!!

Coming back to reality meant I pulled out this gorgeous Garden Party paper by Pebbles and paired it with a darker turquoise and light tan as per the colours in the photo.   Added a doily as my tribute to  "airy summer clothes" followed by a few layers and add ons for the sentiment panel.

  Flip Flops Designers

Have a fabulous day and I look forward to seeing your creations. 

 




What's In It?
Stamps:   Let It Be, Bloom and Grow, Die Sidekicks (Verve Stamps), Wood Mats (PTI)
Paper: Garden Party (Pebbles), Turquoise, Tan
Ink:   Black, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Hearts and Swirls, Elegant Leaf and Heart Quartet Dies (A Cut Above by Verve), Doily Die (Top Dog Dies), Labels Die (PTI), Stitched Rectangle Die (Lil' Inkers), Martha Stewart Border Punch, Crimper (Fiskars), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

8 comments:

2amscrapper said...

love how you used the inspiration colors

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I can feel that ocean breeze! Pure dreaminess, Marisa!

Sheri Gilson said...

So pretty! Love how you were inspired by the colors!

cm said...

I could use some sun, beach and sand time right about now! Only two and bit more weeks and school's out for summer! Your card: fabulous!
~c

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Marisa. Love the layers, the sweet paper... the teal doily looks amazing!

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous card - in sentiment and creation. I really like the wood look framing! Hugz

~amy~ said...

So pretty, lovin' the colors!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stunning Marisa, I love the teal doily!