Monday, June 1, 2015

Mojo Monday 400!!

 photo Mojo400pic.jpg

We are celebrating Mojo Monday's 400th sketch today!!  Julee has been providing us with her amazing sketches for eight years, and that is something to celebrate indeed!!

The team had some fun doing a little research, and I discovered my very first Mojo Monday sketch was #39 all the way back in 2008!  My first Mojo Monday win was sketch #170 and I had the honor of being asked to be a Mojo Maker starting with sketch #253, a huge bucket list item checked off my list!  I simply ADORE Julee's sketches and many of my favorite cards are made with one of her sketches.  A huge congrats to you, Julee, and thank you for so many amazing sketches over the years ((hugs))!!

Today's sketch is Julee's very first Mojo Sketch, and since it is the first Monday of the month, it is also contest week!  Lots of things to celebrate today :)

Out came my hoarded In Bloom MME papers as the lovely flower in the corner was the perfect filler for the top of the sketch.  Of course, where there is a flower there has to be a butterfly wink, wink.  My butterfly of choice was from Die Sidekicks and the sentiment is from Hope Blooms.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


It's back to work this week, and unfortunately my To Do List got blown out of the water.  What was supposed to be a quiet week for me to get lots done around the house, ended up being an extremely busy one with lots coming up unexpectedly and kids needing to go in every direction and then some.  Will have to slowly chip away at my list as time permits rather than do my planned blitzkrieg.  Flexibility is definitely the name of the game when you have kids LOL!

Enjoy the sketch, thanks for popping by and have a fabulous day

Challenges:  The Pink Elephant 
 


What's In It?
Stamps:   Die Side Kicks, Hope Blooms (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  
In Bloom (My Mind's Eye), Kraft, Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories: 
Lacy Circle and Circle Nestabilties (Spellbinders) Button, Twine, Black Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensioanls

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! 400 sketches is amazing! Love this clean, CAS design Marisa. Hope that the weeks goes off without a hitch despite the business!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great job with the original sketch - I can see why you hoard that paper!

Stampingcountry said...

Beautiful Card! Love the gorgeous background.

Wanda Cullen said...

That paper is just perfect for this sketch! Gorgeous card!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Gorgeous card today! Amazing flower and it was on the paper? Too Fab!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card - the butterfly is gorgeous!

nwilliams6 said...

That is how all my free time goes Marisa - I plan on some me time to get things done and relax and 9 million things come up. Pretty paper and great card! Hugz

Karen Day said...

Gorgeous card, Marisa! What great use of that background paper :o)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the background paper.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a soft and lovely card, Marisa! Thanks for all your fabulous Mojo cards over the years! :)

Teresa Kline said...

sweet card Marisa, luv your take on the sketch! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Sue Crease said...

Love the card, what a great way to use some of those papers we buy with something gorgeous in the corner. I know cause I have quite a few.
Sue

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I adore how you incorporated a sentiment for this one. It truly is a beautiful paper! :)

cm said...

Marisa, a kazillion apologies for falling 12 cards behind in commenting, but you must know that the moment your cards pop up in my Feedly, they receive plenty of oohing, ahhing, gazing and admiring. I'm starting here, in hopes of staying caught up; like you, so many things on my plate that before in seemingly a blink, a week, or three, has passed and my list has few things checked off. I know you understand! Your card: oh my! I'd be hoarding that paper, too, but your showcase, with the butterfly-and-doily accessories, is gorgeous! In awe...
Hugs~c

Darlene Gabriel said...

Marisa, this card is gorgeous. Such a soft look to it thanks to this scrumptious paper.
I agree with you about the Mojo sketches.....I love them, love doing them and love so many of the cards that I've created with them. I'm sad that my life has overridden for the past while and not allowed me much card making at all never mind doing all the Verve sketches I love so much.