Monday, March 18, 2013

Mojo Monday #285

Mojo 285 photo Mojo285picA.jpg

It's Monday and time for an other Mojo Monday sketch. This week's sketch is brought to us by Julee and it may make you think a bit - at least it did me {grin}.  However, once I narrowed down which papers to use, I was on my way.

These wonderful MME papers were a fun pairing and I added kraft and sahara sand to the mix perfect.  Just had to use this wonderful sentiment again as it gives me something to hum all day long :)   Felt there was a little something missing so I added a flower and some foliage to the sentiment panel and use red ribbon for a pop of colour.

You can check out all the challenge details over on the Mojo Monday blog and also get a chance to view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples!  Should you wish more details on their cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.



We are into our first week of Spring Break today and the kids and I are starting off by doing the house "chores" I have planned - can you guess how much they like their mom right about now LOL!.  Once we get a few done, off to the recycling depot we go as their reward - they get to split the money we make there.  If I'm a betting mama, I'm sure we will end up at the dollar store right afterwards!

If posting is a bit scarce over the next two weeks, it's because my kids have worn me out LOL!   Thanks for popping by and I hope to be back before my Just Us Girls post Friday night. 



What's In It?
Stamps:  
Surely Goodness and Dream Big (Verve) 
Paper:   Gerttie (MME), Kraft, Cream Linen
Ink: Black, Going Grey
Accessories:  Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Dreamy Leaves Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Rolled Rose Die (MFT), 5/8" Red Satin Ribbon, Glue Dot, Dimensioanls




24 comments:

Lynn said...

Enjoy your week off with the kids Marisa! Beautiful card...I love how you distressed the edges of the paper.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the pattern combo - quite fabulous! You have fun with your kids!!

Chris Dring said...

What a beautiful card Marisa!

Maureen said...

I'm always a fan of mixing patterned papers :) Such bursts of colour :) Just lovely!

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty! You always have a great knack for combining colors, patterns & sketches! Beautiful!

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! Truly stunning Marisa!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love it Marisa! Those distressed paper strips just make me happy. Beautiful card.

Benzi said...

Love the papers AND the card. I'll be humming right along with you after reading the sentiment. I have already started. :-)

Have a fun day with the kiddos.

Melody said...

Sweet card! One of my favorite color combos and I may try that sketch.

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is a beauty of a card, Marisa! Have fun with the kids, and I hope their take at the recycling center is a good one ;-)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Marisa! Love the mix of patterns and the distressed edges!

Enjoy spring break!

Danni said...

Love how the red just grabs you on this beautiful card!!

Lesley said...

The little red rose is darling...so pretty Marisa.

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the sentiment.

Linda Visser - van der Velden said...

Lovely card! Great color combination!

Bonnie said...

Great mix of papers! Now I'm humming this song! Love it!

ChristineCreations said...

I've always loved these colours together :) You made a complicated sketch look great. LOVE that hymn too!

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love your take on the Sketch :)

nwilliams6 said...

What a sweet sentiment. I love this sketch and your distressing idea is brilliant of course. Wonderful card Marisa. Have fun with the kids! I miss those days. Hugz!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the papers you combined for this layered up sketch! Absolutely beautiful! Enjoy your spring break with your kids...chores are a good thing even though they might not think so at the time! :-)

Jen Mitchell said...

As soon as I saw that sketch I ran for the hills! But you totally nailed it! Love that pretty paper and the distressed edges!

Unknown said...

I really love your card. I was stumped with this week's challenge, but your card inspires me to at least give it a try. I love the torn edges and the color/pattern combo. Beautiful!

Vickie Z said...

Love those papers and fab use of the sketch!! Hope spring break is going well!!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh Marisa....this is just beautiful! The pop of red with the kraft is absolutely striking! Enjoy your spring break!!! :)